The Playdough Recipe
1 1/2 T. alum
3/4 c. salt
3 1/4 c. flour
Mix together in a fairly large bowl
Then...
3 1/8 c. water
3 T. salad oil
Bring to a boil (in a separate pan, of course)
Next, pour the hot water mixture over the flour mixture and stir with a fork. Mix it really well before adding the coloring. Then knead in desired food coloring and add flour as needed.
* You need to store it in the refrigerator. If you don't it dries out really fast. But it lasts about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
* I don't use whole wheat flour. Just white flour and plain table salt. And I would use canola oil.
* Oh, and you can get Alum at your grocery store, or at least I did.
* I just used tap water (thought I'd tell you this since I told you about everything else. Didn't want it to feel left out).

Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment